<!--DEBUG:--><!--DEBUG:dc3-united-states-mix-in-english-pdf-2--><!--DEBUG:--><!--DEBUG:dc3-united-states-mix-in-english-pdf-2--><!--DEBUG-spv-->{"id":142454,"date":"2017-04-15T11:54:00","date_gmt":"2017-04-15T09:54:00","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/?p=142454"},"modified":"2017-04-15T17:28:44","modified_gmt":"2017-04-15T15:28:44","slug":"north-korea-test-fires-two-powerful-mid-range-missiles","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/2017\/04\/north-korea-test-fires-two-powerful-mid-range-missiles\/","title":{"rendered":"Rare live report from North Korea military parade"},"content":{"rendered":"<p style=\"text-align: justify;\"><img style=\"float:left; padding: 5px;\" width=\"300px\" src=\"http:\/\/newsinfo.inquirer.net\/files\/2014\/06\/North-Korea-Missiles.jpg\" alt=\"NewsHub\" border=\"0\"><br \/>\nSEOUL, South Korea \u2014 Nuclear-armed North Korea conducted two back-to-back tests of a powerful new medium-range missile on Wednesday, with both achieving a significant increase in flight distance over previous failed launches, South Korea\u2019s Defense Ministry said. <br \/>Both tests were believed to be of a much-hyped, intermediate-range Musudan missile capable of reaching US bases as far away as Guam. <br \/>The US State Department strongly condemned the launches, saying they represented clear violations of UN resolutions banning North Korea from any use of ballistic missile technology. <br \/>READ:\u00a0 North Korea fails again with new missile test \u2014 South Korea \u00a0|\u00a0 North Korea warns of strike on Seoul\u2019s presidential palace <br \/>The first test shortly before 6:00 am (2100 GMT Tuesday) was deemed to have failed after reportedly flying around 150 kilometers (90 miles) over the East Sea (Sea of Japan). <br \/>The South Korean defense ministry said the second Musudan \u2014 fired from the same east coast location two hours later \u2014 had flown 400 kilometers. <br \/>\u201cSouth Korea and the United States are conducting further analysis,\u201d the ministry said in a statement that stopped short of labeling the second test a success or failure. <br \/>North Korea had previously carried out four failed Musudan tests this year, all of which either exploded on the mobile launch pad or shortly after take-off. <br \/>A successful test would mark a major step forward for a weapons program that ultimately aspires to develop a proven nuclear strike capability against the US mainland. <br \/>\u2013 US condemnation -US State Department spokesman John Kirby said the latest launches would only increase global efforts to counter North Korea\u2019s illicit weapons program. <br \/>\u201cW\u200ee intend to raise our concerns at the UN to bolster international resolve in holding (North Korea) accountable for these provocative actions,\u201d Kirby said in a statement. <br \/>Japanese broadcaster NHK quoted Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as saying such tests \u201ccannot be tolerated\u201d. <br \/>A Pentagon statement said the US military had tracked both missiles and determined they \u201cdid not pose a threat to North America\u201d. <br \/>The Musudan has an estimated range of anywhere between 2,500 and 4,000 kilometers. The lower range covers the whole of South Korea and Japan, while the upper range would include US military bases on Guam. <br \/>First unveiled as an indigenous missile at a military parade in Pyongyang in October 2010, the Musudan has never been fully flight-tested. <br \/>Three failures in April were seen as an embarrassment for North Korea\u2019s leadership, coming ahead of a rare ruling party congress that was meant to celebrate the country\u2019s achievements. <br \/>Another attempt in May was also deemed to have failed. <br \/>\u2013 Military tensions -Wednesday\u2019s tests came with military tensions still running high following Pyongyang\u2019s fourth nuclear test in January and a long-range rocket launch a month later that saw the UN Security Council impose its toughest sanctions to date on the North. <br \/>During the party congress in May, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un had personally extended an offer of military dialogue with the South. <br \/>The proposal was repeated several times by the North\u2019s military, but Seoul dismissed all the overtures as insincere \u201cposturing\u201d given Kim\u2019s vow at the same congress to push ahead with the country\u2019s nuclear weapons program. <br \/>In recent months, North Korea has claimed a series of technical breakthroughs in developing an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to targets across the continental United States. <br \/>The claimed achievements included miniaturizing a nuclear warhead to fit on a missile, developing a warhead that can withstand atmospheric re-entry and building a solid-fuel missile engine. <br \/>The North also hailed the successful test of an engine specifically designed for an ICBM that would \u201cguarantee\u201d an eventual nuclear strike on the US mainland. <br \/>Outside experts have treated a number of the claims with skepticism, while acknowledging that the North has made significant strides in upgrading its nuclear arsenal.<\/p>\n<p>\n\t<span>Source: <a href=\"http:\/\/newsinfo.inquirer.net\/791773\/noth-korea-test-fires-two-powerful-mid-range-missiles\" target=\"_blank\">newsinfo.inquirer.net<\/a><\/p>\n<script>jQuery(function(){jQuery(\".vc_icon_element-icon\").css(\"top\", \"0px\");});<\/script><script>jQuery(function(){jQuery(\"#td_post_ranks\").css(\"height\", \"10px\");});<\/script><script>jQuery(function(){jQuery(\".td-post-content\").find(\"p\").find(\"img\").hide();});<\/script>","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>SEOUL, South Korea \u2014 Nuclear-armed North Korea conducted two back-to-back tests of a powerful new medium-range missile on Wednesday, with both achieving a significant increase in flight distance over previous failed launches, South Korea\u2019s Defense Ministry said. Both tests were believed to be of a much-hyped, intermediate-range Musudan missile capable of reaching US bases as [&hellip;]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":142453,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"open","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":[],"categories":[91,144],"tags":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/142454"}],"collection":[{"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=142454"}],"version-history":[{"count":2,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/142454\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":505786,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/142454\/revisions\/505786"}],"wp:featuredmedia":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media\/142453"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=142454"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=142454"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"http:\/\/nhub.news\/de\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=142454"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}