Start United States USA — Science ISIS-K commander told CNN before Kabul attack that group was waiting to...

ISIS-K commander told CNN before Kabul attack that group was waiting to strike

248
0
TEILEN

An ISIS-K commander said in a CNN interview conducted two weeks before the terrorist organization’s deadly bombing attack on Kabul’s airport Thursday that the …
An ISIS-K commander said in a CNN interview conducted two weeks before the terrorist organization’s deadly bombing attack on Kabul’s airport Thursday that the group was waiting for a time to strike. In the interview, which first aired Friday, the insurgent group leader told CNN chief international correspondent Clarissa Ward that ISIS-K had been recruiting members to join its ranks, and that it was waiting for U.S. and other foreign military forces to leave the country before it could start expanding further. “When the foreigners and people of the world leave Afghanistan, we can restart our operations,” said the commander, who requested that his identity be concealed. Ward said that the commander told her in the conversation, which happened days before the Taliban officially took control of Kabul, that ISIS-K was “laying low and waiting for a time to strike.

Continue reading...